Soy Candle - No.22 Droving Days (woodsmoke + oilskin + gum trees)
"Twas a drover's horse, and my hand again
Made a move to close on a fancied rein.
For I felt a swing and the easy stride
Of the grand old horse that I used to ride.
In drought or plenty, in good or ill,
The same old steed was my comrade still;
The old grey horse with his honest ways
Was a mate to me in the droving days."
Sure, we stole that verse and the name of our No. 22 candle from Banjo Patterson. But nobody captures the imagery of the Australian bush on horseback in words better than Banjo. And now no one captures that imagery in scent better than us! If you love heading out on the trail or on a cattle muster with your horse and sleeping out under the stars, you'll love this one. It's like waking up in your swag on a clear, crisp morning and filling your nostrils with that lingering woodsmoke scent from a night by the campfire, the rich smell of oilskin and leather, and the faint zest of eucalyptus leaves.
145g natural soy wax candle set in a 175ml reusable amber apothecary glass jar with an aluminium lid. The apothecary jar measures 6.5cm in diameter and 8cm in height.
100% soy wax.
Cotton wick with all natural fibres.
Free from phthalates, parabens and animal sources.
Burn time approximately 40-45 hours.
Handmade in Harcourt, Victoria by Arch & Alex.
- When purchasing an Arch & Alex Soy Candle, please remember: Each Arch & Alex candle is hand poured with love. Some variations or imperfections in the wax are normal and part of the charm of a hand made product.
- The aluminium lid is to prolong the scent of the candle before it is lit. The lid is flammable and must not be used to extinguish the flame or placed over the candle while still burning or hot.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface.
- Never move a candle while lit.
- To promote an even burn and maximise candle burn time, always trim candle wicks to 5mm before lighting / relighting.
- Soy wax candles sweat in heat and should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.